Pages

December 7, 2007

Can't Believe its December...

.... and only 18 days till Christmas. My time back in Ireland seems to be flying by. I am still not sure what to make of being back home - happy, sad or indifferent. Its certainly taking some getting used to.

Presently, I am working with SFI (Science Foundation Ireland) sources potential reviewers for various research grants in the Maths/Computational field. Its certainly filling my time and paying my bills and quite interesting. It has given me a little insight into what the Foundation does and how it works. Its a really nice work atmosphere.

I couldn't believe the Irish Times on Monday when I saw this photogragh. Is this an effect of global warming or a once off? None-the-less - a wave you might expect off the coast of Hawaii - but Ireland? At least they are shark infested waters :)


Photograph: Mickey Smith
South African Duncan Scott catching a wave that was estimated to tower eight times his height off Mullaghmore, Co Sligo, on Saturday morning

No comments: