Pages

December 3, 2006

Chiang Mai

Aren't mother's great? As I embark on traveling halfway across the world, my Mum informs me that a friend of her's daughter is living in Chiang Mai and that I should get in touch. So as soon as we arrived, that is exactly what I did do. I met Katie for some food in the local market and had a wonderful evening. It was great to catch up. And there was alot of catching up to do. We think the last time we saw each other was about 18 years ago...

Chiang Mai is a lovely city. Although it is a big city, it doesn't feel like it. Lots of narrow winding streets, lovely markets and hundreds of temples.

The feeling we get is that no one has a kitchen in Thailand. As soon as it gets dark the streets come alive with people cooking on the streets, lots of street stalls with wonderful exotic food to choose from, it is really quite amazing. And the food is fantastic.

No comments: