Pages

December 22, 2006

Good Morning Vietnam

Or should I say goodnight, seeing as we arrived last night. My first impression of Vietnam and particularly to Hanoi - were they are crazy, crazy people and should not be let behind the wheel of anything that drives. Our bus driver spend the entire journey on the wrong side of the road, honking his horn (for a 45 minute journey), all other road user just had to get out of his way. It was nuts.

However, on second impression it is quite a nice city. Full of small, narrow streets, lots of markets and not so much traffic as in Bangkok. We spend the day wandering the streets, visiting the temples & the cathedral, the lake, the markets and even had lunch at a boulangerie. I had to pinch myself - I thought I was in Paris for a second, but no there are plenty of boulangeries and patisseries and they are very good.

No comments: