Pages

August 23, 2007

Looking for camera tips ...

I came across an article while searching for camera tips. I guess it was written 5+ years ago. I got a giggle from this paragraph .......

"Digital doesn't offer much for the climbing photographer. Good digital bodies are still extremely expensive as of 2002, they fear rain, they are heavier, they suck a huge amount of battery, image storage is expensive (a slide film holds 37 images for 4$, how many on a 100$ memory stick ?), you can't read their tiny screens in the sun, quality is is not up to a good lens with a 100 iso film, the trigger delay is annoying, but most important they do not have wide angle lenses available (that's a problem due to the smaller surface area of the CCDs that won't be solved cheaply)... A whole bunch of reasons why I stick to film and use a slide scanner at home; this way I get 20 MegaPixels for much less than $1000. And I can still use a disposable camera and make great scans off of it if I need to"

No comments: