Pages

August 9, 2007

What Luck ??

Whilst climbing in Australia I managed to tear the the cartilage in my shoulder. A rather useful bodily part for climbing. Now, whilst snowboarding, I have pulled my quad. What luck? Never mind, a few days forced rest, I could probably do with that. But its making me think. I am doing something wrong.

• Not resting enough
• Not stretching enough
• Not training enough
• All of the above
• None of the above and something else

I am not sure. But, I rather not injury myself. So time to start pondering about it, making a plan, perhaps even sticking to it and see how it goes. By the way I wouldn't recommend doing your quad in. Its sore. But it could have been worse, I could have completely torn it. I think the injury was an indirect result of a fabulous day in TC last weekend and not enough recovery time after it. It was the hardest off piste I have had since last year in France. Follow that with a few hard piste days - my leg just decided enough was enough and started to spasm a bit. Now, any sensible person would probably have taken that as an indicator. But, I thought nah, tis grand and off I went back up the mountain. Caught a couple of edges, took a few tumbles and really left it quite sore. Yesterday, I did the sensible thing (better late than never, eh) and took myself off to the mountain physiotherapist. As I suspected, I pulled my quad and need a few days rest. Which isn't the end of the world - maybe I can get rid of this lingering cold.

No comments: