Pages

August 26, 2007

What a week?

Two days on the bottom of Captains, one day at the bottom of Mc Dougals and a day at the bottom of Captains. Four 630 morning starts and four 530 evening finishes - by the end of the week I was shattered. Today myself and Orla spent the afternoon hanging out with Neal, Chris, Sean and Julie-ann at the Albert town lodge. It was a beautiful day, the sun was shinning - a gentle breeze. We spent the afternoon sitting on bean bags, reading, doddling, kicking a football, a rugby ball, a frisbee... it was a summers day. Hard to believe. The weather this week has been amazing. I was working in a t-shirt yesterday.

Met up with James and Michael yesterday. They came up to Cardrona for the day and found me on my lift station. It was great to see them. However, it was a bit surreal - meeting on a ski slope half across the work. The amount of irish climbers I have met on this trip is rather outrageous. Is there anyone at home?

No comments: