Pages

August 23, 2010

its all about routine, isn't it ?!?

We're gradually formulating a routine.  The sun comes up and Carole wakes, Andrew sleeps.... Carole gets up for a run, Andrew sleeps, Carole stretches, Andrew sleeps, Carole starts to read her book in the morning sunshine, Andrew stirs..... Carole reads a little more, Andrew goes to the shop, Carole and Andrew have breakfast...the day begins...the slack line goes up, the books come out - leisurely lunch and finally we go to the crag...  (mind you before I get in trouble its a short run and its long before Andrew gets up :D )

Rest days of course require more resting so instead of my short run and 5 or 6 climbs we go for a 2 hour hike up into the hills, hmmm, something a miss here, however, it was a stunning walk, next time we'll bring twice as much water that was our only downfall. 



This is who you walk....... carole style

Our camp has two perfectly placed trees crying out for the slack line to be used.   Its like re-learning to walk, you are so thrilled when you get more than two steps... I think my max is three so its still a learning curve.

Self Portrait of Me Slack lining, set up two external flashes, one camera left behind me and one camera right in front of me, I put the camera on a trip and used the self timer.  Unfortunately my remote release battery ran out that would certainly have been an easier option. 

Andrea, Christian and Andrew showing me how its done!!
 



Even all the animals had a go......


Climbing wise small steps, Andrew onsighted his first 6b of the trip and I redpointed it.  Took me three attempts over 2 days and my first lead fall, so overall it was a success.  Hopefully the fall will do wonders for confidence.

No comments: