Pages

August 25, 2010

learning curve

 The beautiful Gorge Du Tarn...
Gorge Du Tarn from Rocher de la Muse.

No Don't Jump

It was a mileage day yesterday!   We thought we'd start on  what looked like a sweet little 5a. What a bad decision, it was sweet, easy in fact, though in direct sunlight all the way, to the last move when you had to scramble from a ledge over a bulge trending leftward away from the last bolt.... I can categorically say that this is not the style of climbing I enjoy.  Looking down at Andrew I plead with him to let me down.... I am annoyed but I hate that kind of route.  I go up it again on top rope and run up it.... without issue.  Arrghhh.  So we move on to lovely vertical technical routes and tick 6a+, 6a, 6a+ all in short succession.  In the end it was a good day !!

Unfortunately, I don't have any photos of either myself or Andrew climbing yet, will have to try and sort that out!!





Christian and Andrea climbing in sector Figuel... in Gorge du Tarn
We found the perfect campsite desert... toasted marshmallows over a camping stove... one word YUM :D
See smiley happy climbers!!
All this of course while listening to a little live music!!


A short session by the legendary Mr Andrew Speer

No comments: