Pages

January 3, 2007

Happy New Year

Wishing everyone a happy New Year!

For me the New Year was spent in Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City as it official title but I think Saigon is a more romantic name) in the South of Vietnam. After a very (repeat very long) bus journey on this most rickety bus I have ever seen we arrived four hours late to a very busy Saigon. Finally after a struggle we found a room high above the main street over looking the festivities. The street was ladden with food and drink stall, there was a stage with singing and dancing, face painting, kiddies game and much more. The city was alight and so were the streets with hundreds of thousands of motor bikes on the street. Apparently there are a million (I think) motor bikes in Saigon and all of them appeared to be out for the night.

To me Saigon is a very cosmopolitan city, and quick wealthy, or at least in relative terms. Of all the cities I have ventured through so far, it does give the more (dare I say) western feeling.

No comments: