Pages

January 7, 2007

Killing Time in Bangkok

Wow, what a bumpy ride we have just had. From Siem Reap in Cambodia to the border of Thailand was 6 hours of dirt track. I don't think the distance we travelled was terrible far but by the end of it my stomach felt as if it has been in a washing machine on spin for the entire time. Even my brain felt all shaken. Funnily enough, that part of the journey was fine, it wasn't until I got onto the big fancy bus that took us from the border to Bangkok, that I started to feel really quesy... and then when I got off the bus I felt like the world was spinning it was very bazaar.

So, now I am back in the glorious city Bangkok. For some reason, this time, it doesn't feel, so crowded, poluted or unbearable hot. Maybe I am getting used to the lifestyle over here. Since we had visited most of the major sites last time, we decided to go investigate china time this time. Just giving up, we found it, or at least we think we found. Its a market that you can just about buy anything in. From upolstry to underwear, shoes laces to incense. However, it did not have the buzz which we expected. But this might be due to it being early Sunday morning.

Tonite at 6pm I board another overnite bus to Krabi. Finally the climbers paradise is within hours. I can't wait.

No comments: