Pages

January 13, 2007

In typical Carole style....

Unfortunately, I got off to a bad start climbing in Tonsai. I picked the most polished awkward route - certainly not the best route to get your head back on. Then on the way home, what do I do, only skid and fall on the slippy routes and scratch my toes... typical. Got up the next day - very weary and dragged myself off to the crag - only to discover I had forgotten my harness. GRRRR. What is happening - are the climbing gods against me? I decided I obviously was to tired and took the rest of the day relaxing, vowing to start a fresh the next day.

And that is what I did, Eagle Wall was the venue. I taped myself up (grr my toes hurt) and off I went determined to have a great day. What a great day, too, the climbing was amazing and the setting unbelieveable. 5 great routes. Onsighted all but one, so I was happy. Not a bad start. The next two days were just as good, and I am starting tick some classics (7 onsights and 9 onsights). Now I just have to stop climbing the 5's and 6a's and start redpointing, I think I have my head somewhat back now.

No comments: