Pages

February 28, 2007

Girly Climbing, Kayaking, Diving, What a way to end my time in Tonsai :)

So my time in Tonsai is now over. I was definitely sad to leave. But I figure that its the right time to leave, remembering the good times and not outdoing my stay, wanting to come back for more :)

So what did I get up to for my last week. The week started with some hardcore girly climbing. Myself, Michaela and Isa took the Tyrolean Wall by storm and climbing away to our hearts content, ticking a number of so called classic (according to Wee's climbing guide).




A gang of us went for dinner in the Andaman after our hard days climbing, only to be acosted by a gang of Russians, dragging us off to a beach party. Turns out they had brought a lot of alcoholic duty free to Tonsai and it was Jameson Whiskey. We all had a little some more so than others. But it was a fun evening and luckily a couple of rest days followed.



On the second of my rest days, getting ichy feet for some activity, myself, neal and ryan rented a couple of kayak and paddled around the bay, a great way to see the surrounding areas from a different perspective, although a little tiring - luckily for me I decided to go diving in Phi Phi the next day.

So, in an attempt to kill two birds with one stone, I did a two dive trip to Ko Phi Phi. The dives were spectacular. I even found Nemo.



We dived just beside Maya Bay (where the Beach was filmed). It was crazy the number of tour boats, in the little cove. It does look specatular, but then so does Tonsai. I was glad I was diving in the slightly more quite, Maya Nui. The reefs were alive with an abudance of colour - I was really amazed and my faith in diving has resumed. I will be diving again, and sooner than I had planned. Hmmm, 2 days time.

Well after a fun days diving it was time to get back on the rock. Myself and Michaela had a plan. We have 2 days and a route to project each. Lucikly for both they were side by side. So the next two days were spent bolt to bolting the routes, and taking big whippers, whilst trying desperately to get the route. Finally on the last attempt, I got mine clean. I was thrilled. Michaela on her last attempt too, flew up Missing.

Before I left, Tonsai, i thought one more dive trip would be a good way to end a great trip. So I headed back out to see, to dive a wreck -the King Cruiser, Anemone Reef and Shark Point. Again, it was great. I saw a leopard shark, found Nemo again, a yellow moray and many more. I can back exhausted but enthuased.


No comments: