Pages

February 15, 2007

What to do next?

So my time in Tonsai is slowly coming to an end. I have at most a week left, then it is off to Singapore for a few days before travelling via Bali to Syndey, where my next adventure begins. I am really looking forward to it. My plan is to find some cheap flights to Hobart first and go and visit Domhnall... you better be there :). Then camp out in Sydney for a while and attempt to climb in Nowra and the Blue Mountains... then its the Arapilles and the Grampians... wohoo... I can't wait.

Although, I will miss paradise - it is time to leave. I would like to leave thinking that I would like to return. Speaking of returning, word has it on the beach that the face of Tonsai will be different the next time anyone goes back. For those of you who know Tonsai, they are building a Railay style resort in front of the beach. Apparently , all of the bars have been giving their notice for April, when construction begins. The section from Freedom bar all they way to the other end of the beach and as far back as the back road, will be no more. The huts, bungalows, bars and restaurants on the far side of the road are to stay the same. Its a shame really. But at least there will be still bamboo bungalow for the climbers to rent.
I guess it might not happen, but that is not the impression that everyone is getting.

No comments: