Pages

July 31, 2007

Snow Fields and Training

I am not sure exactly what the connection is, but I find being here in a ski resort, I need to train. Even though I am on the hill most days and snowboarding (and/or a little skiing) for between 2 and 5 or 6 hours, I need to do something else. I really want to start training at the climbing gym, but can't seem to motivate myself properly. If there was a decent bouldering wall, it would be different. Unfortunately, at the moment all there is one vertical wall. The leading and top rope section is not to bad, I am just not motivated terribly for routes. But what I am motivated (well this week) for is swimming. Its great getting swim fit again.
Granted its only my second big session, but I am getting into. The tumble turns are certainly making it easier and they are coming together.

My session today consisted of
300 m warm-up
10 x 100 m each in 2 m 45 s intervals
2x25m, 2x50m, 2x75m, 2x100m, 2x75m, 3x50m, 2x25m with 20 second intervals
10x50m with 15 second intervals
100 m legs only.
200 m back stroke and breast stroke.

So this is my base I need to improve on it - it worked out at a little over 2.5 km.

No comments: