Pages

July 31, 2007

Training Day and a Shocking Discovery

I couldn't sleep last night, not at all. I tossed and turned all night long. Eventually at 4 am, I got up and starting playing on my laptop, writing emails, looking at photos and general doodling. Finally, at 5 am I managed to fall asleep only to bolt awake at 745 to the sound of my alarm. My day of training had begun. A quick breakfast and I was on my way to up to the mountain. My training consisted of learning everything their was to about the working of the lifts at Cardrona. I learned about the magic carpets, the poma, and the chairlifts. Lots and lots of flashing lights and buttons, kind of like a space ship. Now all I need to do is wait for one of the current staff to leave, break a limb, or something along those lines. Hopefully within the next few weeks something (part time at least will come up).

After a long day and a couple of runs through a whiteout (a white out lacking in snow, mind you) I headed off home, only to discover a dead deer hanging outside my bedroom. It was lacking in some vital organs and dripping with blood, as you can imagine, I went into the sitting room looking, lets say, a little paler than before.

No comments: