Pages

March 29, 2007

Small World



So, I left Tasmania nice and early on Monday morning, and flew to Melbourne, where I met up with a friend of mine Kate for coffee. It was great to see her and she's been living in Melbourne for the last 2 years, so we had a lot to catch up on.
After, that I met Ryan, one of the guys who we hung out with in Tonsai, as he was gonna give me a lift to the Arapilles. We ran around Melbourne, buying essential, trained it back to his house and then headed off in the desert.

We stopped in Horsham, the closest big (small) town to the Arappiles, to pick up provisions. As I was paying for my food in the supermarket, this guy, in the queue behind me starts chatting to me. Nice friendly guy. Wondering if I was a climber and how long I'd been here. When I told him I just arrived and was on my way. He wondered if I'd gotten hold of the guidebook yet. As I hadn't and its sold out everywhere, he offered to lend me his for a couple of days. Great, that fantastic, thank you :) He ran off to the car to get it as I brought my food back to Ryan's car, when Ryan turned to me and said, do you know who that was? I didn't. Turns out, its Simon Mentz, the author of the guidebook. He he... nice start to the trip.

Small World
Pitched, my tent and was getting myself self settled. Being introduced to people left right and centre. One of the guys, had been touring for a while with Melanie Heather a few weeks in New Zealand. Small World.

The climbing great here by the way, another mecca. I think :). Loads to do of all grades, not just the 8a climbers. Some of the best routes are at the easier grades. For the past couple of days, I have been climbing with an english girl Julianne and an American guy Mark.

No comments: