Pages

March 12, 2007

Tasmania

I made it... caught all my two flights - slept all the way, and arrived in Hobart to find it raining.. overcast and really quite cool... First impressions, did I get the right flight, I feel like I have just landed in Shannon.

Gill and Domhnall were there at the airport to meet me, which was lovely as the airport was in the middle of nowhere. We went back to their house and chilled out for a few hours, then packed the car and headed to Lauceston to meet up with friends of theirs Rick and Anna. After a wonderful nights sleep - a bed a duvet soft squishy pillows... oh my goodness I was in heaven - we headed to Hillwood a sports climbing crag close by. It kinda resembled, the Giants Causeway but turned on its side. It was very different.





That evening we had a lovely relaxing evening barbaque.

The next day was an adventure to Catarac Gorge, where my trad days were to begin again. I led a couple of nice easy 12's. I reckon about HS/VS but to be honest I have no idea. Anyway it was a nice reintroduction to placing gear... the crag is only minutes from the city of Launceston - beautiful location. Bumped into Grug there, those of you who were in Tonsai will remember him.

We headed home on Sunday morning and myself and Domhnall spent the afternoon weeding the patio... what a way to spend your birthday :), following by a yummy birthday cake and a bottle of champagne :)

Thanks Gill and Domhnall - you really made my birthday special - I thoroughly enjoyed it :)

No comments: