Pages

May 21, 2007

Bye Bye Victoria, Hello South Australia

Alas, I have said goodbye to the Grampians and climbing in Australia. At least for the present. A sad farewell, as I have enjoyed my time here and have so much still to do and see.

My last couple of days in the Grampians were spent between the Gallery and Summerday valley. The Gallery is the sports climbing crag of the area. Steep and juggy, with lots of ledges, it provides ample opertunity for photography. Naturally, I became trigger happy with my camera.

I left Horsham on Friday, and headed to Adelaide, to visit a college friend of mine Michael and his family. I hadn't seen him or his girlfriend (now wife) Bronte in 4 and a half years. So, as you can imagine there was a lot of catching up to do. To start with he's now married and the proud father of a gorgeous baby boy, Tadhg.



Friday evening was spent eating out in one of the Asian style food emporiums in central Adelaide. Saturday, started with a lazy morning, a trip to the coffee house to meet up with an aunt and uncle of Bronte's. Then a stroll through Cleveland wildlife park. I finally saw a Koala and a Wombat. Oh my goodness, they are so so so so cute. There was loads and loads and loads of kangaroos and wallabies. The the weirdest one of all was the albino kangaroo. Let me say it just looked odd.



Yesterday - friends of Michael's and Bronte's came over for lunch. We chilled out in the house for the day. Fantastic :) It has been great to come to Melbourne and have a lovely relaxing weekend. I can tell you, my body needed it.

No comments: