Pages

May 10, 2007

Wallabies Don't wear Rucksacks

Weather has been getting colder and I have been gradually wearing more and more clothes as the days goes on. 3 pairs of trouser, 2 fleeces, 2 vests, 2 thermal tops, a down jacket and 2 hats has been my most extravegent outfit so far. Luckily my sleeping is as good as it says on the label and I haven't been cold at night :) It was time to get the campfire burning - what a treat :)



Whilst wandering around the bottom of the Voodoo gully, I can upon this tree.... a deadish one.. but I was fascinated in it.



Had a good couple of days climbing. Decided to try and lead Bam Bam, a 20 up in Central Gully. After 3 attempts, I succeeded. I was thrilled. Managed to get Voodoo as well, an 18 I had paniked and rested on a few days previously. I have been mesmerized by the wallabies and kangaroos of late - and started imitating them as I bounce my way down from the crags in the evenings.... luckily for the wallabies they don't wear 40 litre rucksack full of lumps of metal and lots of rope. I doubt they would be bouncing so gracefully if they did. Boing Boing Boing :)

Last day climbing in the Arapiles was yesterday. Well hopefully as the plan is to go to Grampians tomorrow - so fingers crossed the weather holds. To end my time there, I climbed Syrinx. A classic 10, 3 stars and deserved them all.

No comments: