Pages

May 13, 2007

Grampians

A gang of us (myself, Iain, Brian, Paul, Adrian and Wilbur) said goodbye to the Arapiles,



decided to rent a car and move across to the Grampians for a week. We rented a Mitsubitsu (ah I can't spell) Lancer, complete with spoiler and alloys, and bright yellow.... classy especially for driving across the outback.



The Grampians is another mountain range (bigger than Arapiles) quite close to Horsham. We made camp near Mt. Stapleton in the National park campground. Spent the last two days climbing, the first day in Summer Day Valley, which was lovely. Lots and lots of single pitch climbing from 7 and upwards. Loads and loads of classic lines. I ticked a few 15 and and 16 leads and seconded Soweto which was a great 21. One I definitely would like to come back and lead. Unforunately, I chickened out of that :(



Yesterday was spent in Van Diemans Wall. Very hard indeed. Sports climbing. I stupidly thought that warming up on the easiest climb there would be a good time. Turns out the climb was terrible, scared me senseless. I ended up falling off penduluming and whacked straight into the rock on my hip - ouch - bruised ego and hip. Anyway, I decided I didn't like the area and opted for my camera.

Today, my body decided for me. I am tired. I think the last few months are catching up with me and I feel utterly drained. Fortunately, the kangaroos are here to keep my company :)

No comments: