Pages

May 6, 2007

Tick Tock

After a few more attempts at jamming - I decided to go back to face climbing. Oh the joys - the joys of slab climbing in the rain. Just my luck. For two days running, I picked a route in sunshine, got half way home when the heavens opens.. Maybe I should resort back to crack climbing. Two fantastic routes though: Beautiful Possibilities (15) and Missing Link (17). But slick in the rain. Missing Link was a great confident boost, as the gear is small and infrequent and the start is scary. But I managed to get it clean. I toproped Bam Bam (20), a lovely finger locking crack climb. I think I have a project for the next few days. I will let you know. Time to start pushing myself again.

I also managed to get on the classic multipitch, Resignation, yesterday. The third pitch is great and just as described in the guide book, a 15 that thinks its a 23. And another classic I ticked a couple of days ago was Muldoon (13). Alright, I hear you say, what are you doing still climbing 13's but this one was fantastic. Steep, overhanging, jugs, for about 35m. Fantastic :) A must do for all who fenture to to the Arapiles.



Got up early this morning to a beautiful red sky. I just had to get my camera out. Unfortunately, shortly after that my battery died.

No comments: